PROFESSIONAL STARVER® TEST KIT
for the efficient testing of phosphate
PROFESSIONAL STARVER® TEST KITSimple to use.
Economical – performs up to 100 tests.
Essential in monitoring unwanted phosphate levels in swimming pool water.
For professional use only!
Professional Starver® Test Kit is specifically designed to accurately test the phosphate level in swimming pool and spa water. This product can only be sold to professionals, not the end user!
- Fill the tube provided with approximately 10mls of pool or spa water.
- Add 5 drops of Reagent A.
- Add 5 drops of Reagent B.
- Replace the cap and shake well.
- Compare the colour of sample against the chart provided.
- If algae are present in the pool or spa water the test result may read zero. This is because all the phosphate has been consumed by the algae. It is therefore essential that prior to testing always ensure that all living algae, and algae spores, have been killed.
- If the test result is positive (the colour of the vial has turned blue) but shows a result greater than 1ppm you will need to carry out the following steps:
- Fill the tube provided with approximately 2mls of pool or spa water.
- Top up the tube with approximately 8mls of distilled water.
- Add the reagents as per the instructions above.
- Check the result.
- Multiply the result by a factor of four (4x) to give an accurate reading.
- If the phosphate level is above 10ppm you should contact your Lo-Chlor professional for further advice.
- Always store the kits in cool dry conditions.